Below are facts about Nevada energy and factors that can grow our nation's energy and economic security:
- Nevada has large geothermal resources and is second only to California in the generation of electricity from geothermal energy.
- Natural gas in Nevada is used overwhelmingly for electricity generation, and over one-half of Nevada households use natural gas as their primary energy source for home heating.
- Natural gas-fired power plants supply over 60% of the electricity generated in Nevada.
- More than 48,000 jobs are supported by the oil and natural gas industry in Nevada.
- America’s oil and natural gas industry supports 9.8 million jobs throughout the economy and 7.1 percent of GDP.
- The average non-gas station employee oil and natural gas industry salaries in Nevada is $56,160. The average salary scross the statee is $43,534.
- The oil and natural gas industry delivers $30 Billion in revenue to the governement revenue every year.